Sunday, April 18, 2010

The best way to get your kids to play in their room...

Sometimes I forget what the best way to get kids to play in their room is...

It's to go in the room and clean it... really clean it thoroughly, and then rearrange a few items in the room so that things look fresh and new and different.  Then the pile of toys that you have decided to purge and get rid of become as popular as they were on christmas morning when they got them, and you can count on at least a day or two of active play with those seemingly forgotten about toys...

We rearranged the little girls room yesterday.  My four year old has spent the last hour upstairs dancing around to music and playing with her toys... in her room... and doesn't want to come down for lunch. 

And that's fine with me... :)

I think I might have to pencil in some time to rearrange my older daughter's room this week... it's so much more peaceful when the kids use their rooms to play during the day and not just sleep in them at night...

No comments:

Post a Comment