Friday, June 18, 2010

Frog Eyed Salad

My friend called me today needing my recipe for Frog Eyed Salad.

In the past I had the recipe on an old blog sidebar, but I lost that when I changed some settings around.

I'll share it here, and probably start sharing some other favorite recipe's from time to time.

Frog Eyed Salad

1 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbs flour
1- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
2 eggs
1 Tbs lemon juice
16 oz acini de pepe pasta
3-  11 oz cans mandarine oranges
2-  20 oz cans pineapple tidbits
1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
1- 9 oz carton cool whip

Directions:
1 Mix sugar, salt & flour.
2 Add pineapple juice and beaten eggs.
3 Cook until thick and add lemon juice
4 Cook acini de pepe. Drain.
5 Combine with above sauce, mix and put in an airtight container overnight.
6 Add mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple and cool whip.
7 Put back in refrigerator for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment