Sunday, December 19, 2010

Remembering the reason

Today is Sunday.  I love Sunday's.  I love going to church and feeling the spirit, fellowshipping with friends, and recharging spiritually for the upcoming week.  I love coming home and relaxing- Watching my kids as they dog pile on Daddy, and make all sorts of messes while they play together for hours.  Some sunday afternoons I literally do nothing for hours on end and just watch what the rest of the family is doing.  Other sunday's I enjoy baking in the kitchen or reading a book. 

Today at church our choir sang a cantata during Sacrament Meeting.  We were not where we wanted to be in preparing for it.  We had not practiced enough and did not know all our entrances and cut off's.  Despite this, I love the spirit that I feel when I'm singing in the choir.  The words become more than just words, and the feeling and spirit brings a richness to the songs.

I think we all at times get caught up in the shopping and preparing for Christmas Eve/Morning.  I'm excited that we now have the next five days to slow things down, and prepare emotionally and spiritually for Christmas.  I'm hoping to do some fun stuff with the kids to emphasize the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ and how we celebrate his birth at Christmas.  Hopefully we can keep the spirit we feel today in our house through the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment